Fees for International Students (2010)
1. International Student Visa Processing Fee
2. Course fees - English/ Mandarin/ Malay/ Japanese (for 4 months, 100 learning hours)
3. Books and reading materials
4. International Student Security Deposit (refundable)
5. Registration fee
Online Enrolment Form
1) To enrol at Standard Language Centre, you must submit the following documents in order to apply for a student visa. It is advisable to send in your application at least 2 months before the semester begins.
a) Completed and signed enrolment form
b) 5 passport-size photographs of the applicant
c) One (1) photocopy of entire passport (all pages) on A4 paper
d) Photocopies of original high school/ college academic transcripts and certificates
e) Total amount of payable fees
2) The International Student Visa Processing Fee is RM1500.00. Payment can be made through Bank Draft payable to Alliance Education Sdn. Bhd. Or by Telegraphic Transfer payable to:
Payee : ALLIANCE EDUCATION SDN. BHD.
Account No. : 512174-412904
Bank Address : Maybank Ampang Bank, 68000 Ampang, Selangor, Malaysia.
3) Send the completed set of application documents (Point a – e) by mail to:
ALLIANCE EDUCATION SDN. BHD.
2B, Jalan Wawasan Ampang 4/5,
Bandar Baru Ampang,
68000 Ampang, Selangor,
Tel.: (6)03-4270 7262, Fax: (6)03-4270 7868
4) Upon receipt of your application and bank receipt, we will send you a Letter of Acceptance and proceed with your student visa application.
Entry Visa Information
1) When we receive the student visa approval from the Malaysian Immigration Department (approximately 3 weeks after submission of the application) we will send the approval letter for you to get a Single Entry Visa from the nearest Malaysian Embassy.
2) If you enter Malaysia before obtaining a Student Visa, a Journey Performed Fee of RM500 will be charged to you by the Malaysian Immigration Office.
Airport Pick-Up and Accommodation Arrangement
1) After your Single Entry Visa is issued, please inform us of your travel arrangement at least 7 days before departure. It is important to note that under Malaysian Immigration requirements, a representative from Standard Language Centre is required to meet you at Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA). You should plan your travel so that you arrive before your course begins.
2) If you have indicated that you require accommodation in the application form, Standard Language Centre will strive to arrange a choice of suitable accommodation for you.
3) All students must be covered by a medical insurance plan. If you choose to purchase coverage in your own country, you must show proof of your insurance policy to the centre. Otherwise, you must purchase medical insurance at the Centre on the registration day.
Refund and Cancellation Policy
1) International Student Visa Processing Fee (RM1500):
a. If Standard Language Centre does not accept your application, the International Student Visa Processing Fee will be fully refunded.
b. In case of cancellation, the fee will not be refunded. However, you may apply this fee to a new enrolment application up to 6 months from the issue date on your original Acceptance Letter.
c. If you are refused a student visa, a full refund will be given, less RM500 for administrative costs.
2) Course fees and other fees:
a. If you cancel your enrolment prior to the start of the semester, you will be eligible for a full refund of course fees and other fees except for the International Student Visa Processing Fee of RM1500.
b. During the semester of enrolment, there is no refund for course cancellation, except if you are suffering from critical illness and certified by a doctor that you are unable to continue your studies. Refund of course fees and other fees given will be calculated from the last recorded session of attendance.
"I enjoyed the class activities
and at the end, I was speaking in English"
PEI LI, Secondary English
"I have a better job because I can write in English.
SHAUN LEE, Adult English
"It was fun, and I learned a lot
because I paid attention. Thank you."
MANJ ANNAB , Adult English